Erectile Dysfunction Causes & Solution
What Is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) affects as many as 30 million men in the United States. Almost half of men over age 75 experience ED, according to the National Institutes of Health.
ED is commonly called “impotence.” It’s a condition in which a man can’t achieve or maintain an erection during sexual performance. Symptoms may also include reduced sexual desire or libido.
These kinds of issues can happen at any time and to any man. Causes mainly include:
Your doctor is likely to diagnose you with ED if the condition lasts for more than a few weeks or months.
Standard treatments include pharmaceutical medications, vacuum pumps, implants, and surgery, but many men prefer natural options. Research has found that some natural options can improve your ED symptoms.
What Causes Erectile Dysfunction?
A number of factors can increase your risk of ED. Attaining an erection involves the brain, hormones, muscles, nerves, and blood vessels. A problem with any of these components can block the normal functioning of the penis.
Some common causes of ED include:
enlarged prostate gland
One study found that persistent alcohol use induced ED as well. Seventy-two percent of men diagnosed with alcohol dependence syndrome were diagnosed with sexual dysfunction. This includes premature ejaculation and ED.
Occasional penis problems are almost always going to happen to a guy, and that’s okay – it’s a normal part of day-to-day life. Good penis care can help alleviate many problems, such as the red, dry and irritated penis. But even with the best of care, there will be times when penis problems show up with little to no warning. The good news is that most of these problems can be easily remedied or even avoided with some extra attention to the causes. Here are the most common reasons for penis problems.
1. Somebody’s been drinking! Alcohol can lead to amorous thoughts, and it can also lead to being unable to act on them. Not being able to get it up after a night of drinking is aptly referred to as ‘whiskey dick.’ Remember that any type of alcohol is a depressant, and studies have shown that an overload of alcohol on a regular basis can actually increase the odds of developing erectile dysfunction. Lay off the booze and this penis problem will go away.
2. It’s over too soon. When being intimate with a partner, sometimes the excitement is just too much, and holding back is impossible. That’s okay once in a while (and might even give your partner a sense of pride!), but if the grand finale is always over too soon, there are a few tricks to try. Consider masturbating for round one, or use condoms to cut down on sensitivity. Stop-and-go techniques work too, and as an added bonus, it’s a fun challenge.
3. It takes too long. Delayed ejaculation is defined as sex that lasts for 30 to 60 minutes with no end in sight, or being unable to get off at all. There can be several causes for this, including certain medications, anxiety, stress or depression. If masturbation works just fine but sex doesn’t, it might be time to back away from the self-pleasuring for a while and see what happens.
4. Things are itchy down there. One of the most common penis problems, penis itching can have numerous causes; a few include jock itch, a fungal infection, allergic reactions, strong fragrances, a new detergent, or even thrush. The process of elimination is the best way to figure out the culprit. If things don’t clear up after all the usual suspects have been ruled out, it’s time to visit the doctor.
5. It’s not working. If the aforementioned ‘whiskey dick’ has been ruled out but the soldier just doesn’t want to go to battle, there could be some very straightforward reasons. Stress, anxiety, not enough Vitamin D, diabetes, not having sex that often and even smoking too much can lead to temporary erectile dysfunction. Get the lifestyle factors under control and soon everything will likely be well.
6. Things are bumpy. Penis bumps are one of the most common penis problems – and in most cases, those little bumps are entirely benign. Small raised bumps that do not hurt could easily be hair follicles, blocked oil glands, or even an allergic reaction to a new cleanser. Bumps that don’t go away or keep coming back should be checked out.
7. It’s all curvy. Most men have some curve to the penis. It might point up or down or lean more to one side. A mild curve is entirely normal and as long as it causes no problems with intimate activities, it’s nothing at all to worry about. But if the curve becomes more pronounced over time or begins to cause pain and discomfort when erect, it’s time to get checked out to make sure everything is okay in there.
Alleviating worries about penis problems
As the old saying goes, prevention is worth a pound of cure. Paying close attention to every inch of the body, including the penis, is the best way to avoid problems – or to spot them before they become serious.
Ways To Get Rock Solid Erections For The Best Sex Ever
Listed below are some of the best and effective ways to help you get harder and longer lasting erections, naturally and safely:
1. Change Your Mindset
First and foremost, you need to believe that ED is not the end of the road. There are ways to help you get harder erections even without using anti impotence drugs. A lot of men hate the idea of visiting a doctor to get over ED and they continue to live in denial.
Try to accept that you have a problem and look for solutions online. Even simple changes in your diet and lifestyle can go a long way in enhancing your sexual potency.
2. Try to Get Fit
Overall fitness is a great way to boost your sexual health. If you are obese or overweight, you are more likely to suffer with erectile problems. This is because excess fat results in clogged arteries leading to sluggish blood flow to the penis. Reduced blood flow to the penis makes it hard for you to get a rock solid erection.
In order to stay fit, you should exercise regularly. Strength training is one of the best ways to boost both blood circulation and testosterone secretion in your body. Try to devote at least 20-30 minutes a day to a regular exercise routine and your body will reward you in many ways, in terms of overall and sexual fitness, within a few weeks.
3. Devote More Time to Foreplay
Next time you are in bed with your woman, try to relax and enjoy heat of the moment. A lot of men make the mistake of getting to penetration right away. Foreplay can be great for increasing arousal and can also help increase rigidity of your erections. Take things slowly and enjoy at least 10-15 minutes of foreplay.
Trust me, this simple change in your love-making technique can do wonders for your erections. Not just this, your woman is also going to love it.
4. Try Penis Exercises
Penis exercises are a great way to boost blood flow to the penis. These exercises are called Jelqs and they are highly effective for enhancing erection rigidity. You can find a lot of Jelq routines online. Though most of them are being promoted as a way to enhance penile size, they can be effective for increasing erection hardness too.
As a matter of fact, you don’t need to buy a penis exercise program online. If you search for some time, you would be able to find some great information on how to do Jelqs properly.
5. Try Natural Male Enhancement Pills
Natural male enhancement pills can play a great role in increasing your sexual potency. As a matter of fact, a lot of doctors now recommend such pills in place of prescription drugs since they are safe and devoid of negative or harmful side effects.
Natural male enhancement pills are formulated with selected herbs that not only boost blood flow to the penis but also help stimulate testosterone production in your body. They replenish your body with essential nutrients that it needs in order to ensure proper sexual and reproductive function.
Over the years, natural pills have changed dramatically and some of the best ones are now backed with clinical approvals too.
So, if you want to get rock solid erections for the best sex ever, check out the Best Penis Pills that have helped thousands of men like you over the past decade.